CEO AmeriCorps VISTA
As a result of the COVID-19 hiring slow down, please note that this position will have a July 1st or later start date.
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) is dedicated to providing immediate, effective, and comprehensive employment services to individuals with recent criminal convictions. Our highly structured and tightly supervised programs help participants regain the skills and confidence needed for successful transitions to stable, productive lives. CEO’s vision is that anyone with a recent criminal history who wants to work has the preparation and support needed to find a job and to stay connected to the labor force.
CEO will place an AmeriCorps VISTA Member who will serve for a full year at the organization’s San Jose, CA office. VISTA Members will be charged with building CEO’s capacity to serve and scale through resource development activities, partnership cultivation, and program improvement/innovation strategies with the goal of providing job placement services to individuals who were formerly incarcerated.
- Resource development: develop Salesforce proficiency and collaborate with CEO staff to develop a better understanding on how CEO uses data to measure impact
- Partnership-cultivation: connect with other nonprofits and organizations in the area that can assist CEO participants in accessing necessary supports and services
- Program Improvement: examine what aspects of CEO’s program could be done more effectively or efficiently and help put new innovations in place, including (but not limited to) site-specific processes related to SNAP Employment and Training programming and a best-practice manual for future VISTA members
- Fund Development: conduct research, develop a resource bank of potential new revenue streams and draft site-specific funding proposals
Who You are
- You have an interest in working with formerly incarcerated individuals and a passion for service
- You have experience working in a fast-paced environment
- You appreciate teamwork, but are comfortable working autonomously
- You have strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize tasks
- You have the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- You’re comfortable speaking in public and working with diverse audiences
- You have exceptional computer skills (Microsoft Office, Google Suite)
- You have a willingness to grow and learn new skills
- You have experience with Salesforce/CRM’s (preferred)
- Start Date: April 13, 2020
- End Date: April 12, 2020
- Application Deadline: April 3, 2020 or until filled
How to Apply
Please submit your application online, using the following links: