Please see details about this opening below. To apply, click here for the application.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to serve as a Budget Analyst at the direction of Senior Financial Manager. The Budget Analyst will be responsible for in-depth analysis of the budgetary and financial aspects of CEO’s on-going operations. You will help identify fiscal, budgetary and accounting vulnerabilities, gaps and challenges while in consultation with senior leadership. The ideal candidate will apply organizational budget guidelines, process, and strong personal judgment when reviewing and analyzing budget estimates and /or financial problems for both central service functions and state and city offices. The Budget Analyst will then translate that analysis into recommendations for achieving the most efficient use of resources.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 9,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, and the Rockefeller Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You have project management experience with demonstrated success managing multiple project components to deadline
- You have laser focus on accuracy combined with excellent time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects with moving deadlines
- You come with strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- You have a natural inclination for working to understand data and troubleshooting the best ways in which to organize and communicate it to others
- You have the ability to re-prioritize tasks and priorities when needed
- You have a BSc/MSc in accounting, finance, business or another relevant field.
- You have experience within a nonprofit with multiple locations (preferred)
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Adaptive Insight, Excel Macro/VBA and Vlookup/Pivot Tables; experience with Adaptive Insight strongly preferred (not required)
- You have excellent mathematical abilities and an analytical mind.
- You have project management experience and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Key responsibilities are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the responsibilities of this role:
- Collaborate with team leads to develop budgets for external funders
- Approve and/or reject funding requests based on budget
- Analyze jurisdictional gaps and identify outliers
- Ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the funding cycle
- Prepare financial reporting materials for corporate and foundation grants.
- Assist with other duties in support of CEO’s mission as needed
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $50,000- $59,000. In an effort to be both equitable and transparent, CEO's compensation philosophy considers a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, experience, internal equity, and home office location in making a final determination on our salary offer. We recognize that salary is a part of the overall compensation package and are happy to provide health, dental, 401k, and professional development opportunities to our staff.
We also offer paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to contact each applicant regarding the status of each position or reply to candidates' inquiries via phone or email.