Please see details about this opening below. To apply, click here for the application.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to serve as a Budget Analyst at the direction of Senior Financial Manager. The Budget Analyst will be responsible for in-depth analysis of the budgetary and financial aspects of CEO’s on-going operations. You will help identify fiscal, budgetary and accounting vulnerabilities, gaps and challenges while in consultation with senior leadership. The ideal candidate will apply organizational budget guidelines, process, and strong personal judgment when reviewing and analyzing budget estimates and /or financial problems for both central service functions and state and city offices. The Budget Analyst will then translate that analysis into recommendations for achieving the most efficient use of resources.
Who We Are:
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 9,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, and the Rockefeller Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are:
- You have a BSc/MSc in accounting, finance, business or another relevant field.
- You have experience with budget analysis, financial modeling, and forecasting methods.
- You’re proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Adaptive Insight, and Excel Macro/VBA.
- You have excellent mathematical abilities and an analytical mind.
- You have project management experience and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You have great attention to detail.
Key responsibilities of the Budget Analyst include but are not limited to:
- Work with program and project managers to develop CEO’s annual budget
- Review budget proposals for completeness, accuracy, and compliance within laws and regulations
- Combine all the program budgets together into a consolidated development department budget and review all funding requests for merit
- Gather necessary data to support financial analysis and budget development
- Help the Senior Financial Manager analyze proposed plans and find alternatives if the projected results are unsatisfactory
- Monitor CEO spending to ensure that it is within budget
- Perform month end close functions such as reconciliations of accounts and reporting variances between projected and actual expenses.
- Inform program managers of the status and availability of funds
- Gather the necessary data within the organization to estimate future financial needs
- Effectively communicate your budgetary recommendations to other senior officers in the organization
- Review and update CEO’s budget policies and procedures as needed.
- Create financial budgets for the development department.
- Collaborating with project managers to develop a budget.
- Approve or reject funding requests.
- Analyze submitted budgets and identify outliers.
- Conduct cost/benefit and other types of analyses
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $60,000 to $70,000 annually. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to contact each applicant regarding the status of each position or reply to candidates' inquiries via phone or email.