Associate, Learning and Development
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the application.
We're seeking a user experience-minded natural problem solver and life-long learner to support the creation and implementation of CEO’s learning and development strategy. They will serve as part of a new and evolving unit that is working to build a best-in-class employee experience in collaboration with our Inclusive Experience, Talent Acquisition, People Operations, and Program teams.
The Associate will support the envisioning and execution of people performance management processes, coordination of employee training and development initiatives and activities, and build-out and roll-out of systems and structures that enable greater employee movement within the organization.
This role is a strong fit for an individual who believes deeply in the power of learning within an evolving organization, who is invested in responding to organizational and employee learning needs in a sustainable and scalable way; and who thrives in the ambiguity of start-up environments.
Employee Development Systems and Structures
- Execute the performance management lifecycle, including introductory period assessments and ongoing evaluations and check-ins
- Support ongoing refinement of CEO’s people performance management framework, including defining key competencies, performance levels, and ongoing and cyclical methods of evaluation
- Contribute to the development and refinement of CEO’s position-specific competencies
- Create cyclical process for internal job description updates; maintain templates and bank of responsibilities and qualifications mapped to positions
- Provide ongoing support to managers on people performance management
- Contribute to the creation of a succession planning process for the organization that identifies critical roles and potential successors and leadership development programs for potential successors
Professional Development Approach
- Coordinate learning and development programs for CEO staff in collaboration with Employee Experience and Program units
- Gather and analyze employee data to identify employee learning and development needs; recommend and/or design learning solutions
- Track staff participation in learning and development programming; compile reports and analyses related to impact of developmental activities
- Support the roll-out of a Learning Management System that integrates with our other Employee Experience technologies and enables us to track learning and development programming
- Collaborate with internal departments and teams to develop and implement training content for new hire training and onboarding and ongoing professional development
- Ensure access and equitable processes related to training opportunities
Team and Organizational Support
- Support the organization in practicing and living out its values, with major focus on leading and contributing to initiatives that drive CEO’s culture of learning
- Serve as an advisor, trainer, coach in the areas of employee learning and development
- Serve as an active and proactive contributor and collaborator of the larger Human Capital team, supporting colleagues on projects related to talent recruitment, DEI, etc.
Who You Are
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a role that includes one of the following responsibilities: coaching of others, developing training content, program performance management, user-centered design, or data analysis and action planning
- You’re driven to build a high performing organization and understand the importance of a responsive approach to drive results
- Your strong organizational skills and detail orientation enable you to juggle leadership of numerous projects and your flexible nature enables you to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities
- You’re a strong communicator, with demonstrated ability to build relationships with stakeholders of all levels
- You actively help identify challenges and facilitate solutions
- You’re passionate about inclusion and work to ensure all employees have opportunities to learn and earn to their full potential; you’re able to listen, learn, and understand content across teams within the organization and integrate diverse perspectives into the work
- You’re technologically savvy with intermediate level of Excel knowledge
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.