Accounts Payable Coordinator
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
CEO is seeking an Accounts Payable Coordinator for our NYC team. The Accounts Payable Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and reviewing invoices for accuracy and entering and routing invoices for required approval. The Accounts Payable Coordinator will be timely and accurate in their preparation of necessary requests to the appropriate partners. This position requires both critical and analytical thinking in order to ensure the achievement of team and organizational goals.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the California Wellness Foundation, Arrowhead United Way, the Well Fargo Foundation, and the James Irvine Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar or have two or more years experience in Accounts Payable
- You have knowledge of reporting systems such as Expensify Expense Report System
- You have knowledge of and have worked with accounting software such as Sage Intacct Accounting Software
- You have excellent Excel skills, especially with pivot tables and v-lookups functions
- You are a strong communicator with the ability/desire to communicate with vendors, coworkers, and other identified partners
- You have the ability to work both collaboratively with other team members throughout the organization, as well as independently
- You consistently meet deadlines and have excellent organizational skills
- You identify issues and are able to bring it to the attention of the Accounting Manager
Key responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Coordinator include but are not limited to:
- Ensure all check requests, vendor invoices, petty cash requests, and expense reports are properly entered, reviewed, and approved
- Process and review all vendor invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Processing data and routing for approval to the necessary staff members
- Review and process credit card accounts
- Receives, researches, and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons
- Ensures all vendor and staff interactions are handled professionally, timely, and in line with company policies and procedures
- Assists with requests during organizational agency audits and governmental agency audits including, but not limited to, locating payment vouchers, cancelled checks, and deposit slips
- Sort and distribute incoming mail to the appropriate staff members
- Process check requests and respond to all vendor inquiries in a timely manner
Compensation and Benefits
The salary for this position is $47,500 - $55,000. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff. CEO is also dedicated to ongoing staff development and training, including regular training opportunities in Motivational Interviewing (MI). MI is one evidence-based skill that reentry and human service professionals can utilize when supporting participants to achieve their goals.
More About Us
CEO is a diverse team working to advance economic opportunity for people returning home from incarceration. We welcome diversity, and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. Learn more at ceoworks.org.
CEO is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Please click here to apply.