CEO San Diego
Robert Smith, San Diego County Director
CEO San Diego opened in November, 2011. Our employment reentry intervention has been proven, through a three-year random assignment evaluation conducted by MDRC, to reduce recidivism, increase public safety and yield the public up to $3.30 savings for every taxpayer dollar of program cost.
CEO’s experience has yielded significant accomplishments since 2011 we have;
- Provided paid transitional work experience for 791 formerly incarcerated San Diegan’s earning $1,001,874.00 contributing over $220,412.00 in taxed income
- Expanded capacity to employ up to 400 participants annually across five work crews through environmental cleanup projects
- Secured 386 unsubsidized jobs as of Q4 2014 post-transitional work we had accomplished a 59% Employment Retention rate with an average starting wage of $11.00 per hr
- Partnered with the San Diego County Probation, Caltrans and City of Chula Vista, perform a variety of public works tasks, such as landscaping and maintenance of the County’s Highways and City’s numerous parks and open spaces.
- Piloted a hard skills training program to offer participants the training needed to to advance in their career
- San Diego County Probation
- City of Chula Vista
- City of San Diego Economic Development Department (CDBG)
- San Diego Bar Foundation
- Edna McConnell Clark Foundation
- Federal Social Innovation Fund Awards
- Jewish Community Foundation
- City of Escondido
Tel: (619) 684-4810
Fax: (619) 696-1442
450 A Street, Suite 300
San Diego, CA 92101
Our office hours are Monday to Friday, from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Blue and Orange line – Get off on 5th Ave Station, walk up (North) on 5th Ave. towards A St. Office is between 4’th Ave and 5’thAve. on A St
Routes: 2, 5, 7, 15, 20, 210, 810, 820, 850, 860, 929, and 992: Exit at the City College Transit Station (on 12th Ave. and C St.). Office is on A’St, between 4’th. and 5’th Ave.
From South – Take I-5 North, exit 6th Ave. towards Downtown, turn left on 4’th Ave, Turn left again on A St. the office is between 4’th and 5’th Ave. on the left.
From North – Take I-5 South, exit 16/ 10th Ave, turn right onto Ash St., turn Left on 4th Ave., Turn Left on A St. The office is between 4’th and 5’th Ave. on the left – OR – take 163 South, Exit Ash St., slight right onto Ash St., turn left onto 4th Ave. Turn left again at A St. The office is between 4’th and 5’th Ave. on the Left.
MORE LIFERS RELEASED FROM PRISON IN CALIFORNIA